Hello Friends and Family!
I really don't know were to begin Chloe peeing the bed, 4 flat tires, sleeping in the coldest room in Canada, driving on ice covered roads for a week, not to mention only going 30 or 40mph most of the DAY, sleeping in the car all night in -26, Lincoln cutting 5 teeth, chloe getting bronchitis or almost hitting 2 moose. All I know is that we will never be driving this far EVER again! Next time we will selling everything and flying to our new home.
Okay lets see, we drove out of St. George Tuesday morning and about 20 minutes out of Cedar City we blew both trailer tires. One hour later we started on the road again and low and behold a cop decided to pull us over. Adam was sooo happy let me tell you (ha) and it just happened to be a woman cop so that was the cherry on top. Luckily she didn't give us a ticket and we were able to get into Cedar. We bought two new tires and we were on our way! We stayed in Provo, because it took ALL day to get there. We were able to see our friends Chris and Kailee and my brother and sister-in-law, it was nice to be able to say goodbye to them. We let Chloe sleep in our bed.... that night and I don't know what we were thinking because she decided to pee the bed and on Adam's side of the bed, but I was safe (ha ha). The next day we drove to Boise and then to Vancouver. It was fun to see where Adam grew up and where all of his crazy stories took place. The next day, we found out that we were going to be unable to get on the ferry because of miss communication. So, we headed to Vancouver BC. Driving to our hotel was a joke it was right in the middle of town with tiny roads and traffic everywhere. Let me tell you with our huge trailer it was not fun. We stayed in a apartment/hotel! The apartment/hotel had a washer and dryer in the closet so, I was able to do some laundry, that was the only thing good about that place! Next stop was Kamloops cute little town on top of a mountain, little did we know this was going to be the last day we would see pavement, for a week!
We did see some of the most beautiful country ever! I think the worst part of the trip was sleeping in the car. We stopped in a town and got some food at a grocery store and decided to keep driving. We only had 3 hours to the next town. By the way while all this is happening Chloe is getting bronchitis and Lincoln is cutting 5 teeth!( his bronchitis came later). We started off in the dark with no reflectors on the roads we almost hit 2 moose that is when we decided to stay in the next town. As we were pulling into town we noticed we had another flat tire! So we pulled into a parking lot and settled in for a long night in the car. We keep the car on all night because it was -26 below.
My favorite part of the trip was seeing Haines Jct. This was the most beautiful place we stayed, not to mention the food was awesome. But the roads were horrible. The have what is called weather bumps, which are like speed bumps therefore going only 30mph!
This was the last little stretch before we started towards fairbanks. We have no mountains around us, which makes me sad, but we have a lot of trees
MORE PICTURES ARE COMING.....STAY TUNED
11 comments:
It was an adventure you will never forget and one you hope to never repeat. I am glad you made it safe. I can't wait to see more pics!
Holy Cow! What an adventure! That is one amazing trip. I am glad you guys made it all in one piece. Looking forward to more posts.
I love the pictures! I'm so glad you took a bunch on the drive. Miss you guys!
Wow, what a crazy trip!!! I'm glad you guys made it there fairly safely! I can't wait to see more pics!
OMG! Sounds like you had tons of fun making your way to your new home. I can't wait to see more Pic'c. It looks sooooo beautiful.
Wow! What a story! It looks so pretty out there. We sure miss you guys! We are so glad that you made it safely.
Wow! What a trip! I can't believe you are still sane enough to post. They would have had to commit me about halfway there.
I am so glad you guys made it. I have been wondering. I'm sure you will be laughing about it someday.
We all love you guys and miss you! Hope everything gets better and easier.
What an adventure! Glad you finally made it! Hope you are getting settled okay and things are going well. We love your pictures! Your kids are so cute! Good luck with things.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you made it through all of that. You are troopers. I am a horrible traveler and hate the car.What a trip to remember!! I am glad you made it safely. We sure do miss you around here. Please post some more picture when you get a chance. Love ya all
I am so glad you made it. It is beautiful!!! I hope you guys are doing well. Love ya
Oh my gosh what a memory you will have. I bet it will be one of those things that you will talk about forever, even though it wasn't very fun as it was happening. Good luck you guys!
Post a Comment