We had a real fun weekend. It was my neighbor's birthday (Jamie) and they invited us to have a barbecue. So, we set up in our drive way and the fun began. The kids were all over the place so, my other neighbor Dan went and got their trampoline which saved us. The kids had so much fun jumping and eating hot dogs. All of us brought something to the table. Bre my neighbor right next door to me made salsa and while she was making hers her husband wanted to have a competition of who's salsa was better. It was real fun everyone was taking turns tyring to figure out who's salsa was who's. Finally when we were all done eating, we voted and Aaron won. Bre was sad, but it was all in good fun. When it got dark we made some hot chocolate. Then about an hour later some of us felt like ice cream! We started at 5pm and Adam and I came in around 11pm. We had a lot of fun and I feel very fortunate to live here and have the kind of friends that we've made.
Earlier that day I ran a 5K race in Santa Clara. I finished 2 minutes faster then I had trained and was 14th in my division. It was really fun. My friend Trina ran the half marathon. I hope to join her in running the half marathon in our next race Jan 17.
9 comments:
Good for you! I think I'd like to start getting involved with some races, but I always seem to be pregnant, so it doesn't really work out. I did do the 5K in Blanding on the 4th. That was fun and I felt like Wonder Woman afterwards.
WOW! Julie I'm impressed with the 5k that's awesome! We miss you guys... wish we lived closer!
Wow a blog update! You guys look awesome! I'd have to say that you two had the best costumes on the block! Oh and by the way, I'm never going to make salsa again...that was embarrassing!
And AWESOME job on your 5k!
Very inspiring Julie! I need a fitness goal too.
That is awesome Julie! And it really is fun to have good friends that live close by. You guys seem really happy!
Congrats on your race! I always think I need to come up and hang out where the party is!
Thanks again for hosting the party at your house. I had so much fun. You guys are great. We will have to do it again real soon.
P.S.I tagged you on my blog.
Hey Julie! long time no see! Are you in Santa Clara? I have family there. Good job on the run! :0)
Autumn
Post a Comment