Saturday, June 21, 2008

First time for everything



This is chloe's first time touching a real worm... She laughed and laughed.

Last week we went to Adams family reunion. We camped at Panguitch Lake this year and it was freezing. The first night we got there the low was about 32 degrees! I had Adam buy me a heater because I didn't want to freeze when I got up with the baby to feed and change him. Adam asked me if we should turn the heater off so it wouldn't be burning all night, but I didn't want it off because of how cold it was. Half way through the night ( after twisting and turning and trying to stay warm while having our air mattress deflate) Adam woke up extremely nauseous! He sat up to get some air and thank goodness the feeling passed, but when he woke me up I knew immediately that we had to much propane gas in our tent! So, we turned off the heater and a couple hours later I woke up very dizzy and was unable to walk for a minute. When morning came we looked at each other and were thankful that nothing serious happened to us or our children!

Other then our night from &%#$@* it was really fun. The baby did really good. He is only waking up once through the night, which is very strange to me because Chloe was up every 2 hours, so I am very glad he is a good baby.

Adam and I are going camping again next week with my mothers family near Bryce Canyon. Hopefully we will have a better night this time around.

12 comments:

Natalie J said...

Camping with a newborn. You are so brave. Looks like Chloe had a blast. Cute background for your blog

Natalie J said...

Thanks Julie! Ashton looks really big for a 9 month old. I can't believe he is that old. I took him to the dr today and he is only in the 30th percentile for his weight and 80th for his height.

We live in the southwest part of West Valley (the nice part, not little mexico). It is important to me to distinguish between the two, because everyone seems to think that West Valley is the armpit of UT (including me). We want to move to West Jordan before Xander goes to school, because we don't like the schools here.

If you guys are ever up in the area, it would be fun to take the kids to the park or something. I would like to see you if we come to St george too. TTYL.

Jeremy said...

I'm so excited to see you've started blogging and I can keep in touch that way. I'm not seeing a good pic of the baby though, get to work on that please, jk. Chloe is so cute.

Bri or Aaron said...

That's a really cool picture of Chloe.

Mindie said...

Soooo cute! We miss you guys so much!

Natalie J said...

Where did you go? I have been anxiously awaiting a blog update (and more pics of your kids. Hope everything is going ok!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Howdy neighbor. I figured since I found your blog, you might want to know where ours was too. We have really enjoyed getting to know you and your cute family! Expect more BBQs to come!! :)

Dave and Natasha said...

I just found your blog through Bree's so I thought I'd say hi! I'll have to add your blog to mine if you don't mind!

Kaysha Alesa said...

Julie! So fun to find your blog. Now I can stalk you. High Fives! Love you lady. Kaysha

Stacy and family said...

I request a new post! How was your summer?

the Pfunder's said...

When did Chloe grow up? She is so cute! I just found your blog and couldn't believe that picture was Chloe! Hope all is well!

Carter Family said...

I'm with Stacy - new post please! Hope all is well.