Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ice Park


I just wanted to let everyone know, we found a park made out of ICE! Adam's co-workers have been telling us about it so last Saturday we went. It was only 1 degree (VERY COLD). Chloe was loving every minute she keeps asking to go back. I actually would like to go back, but it cost 20 bucks for Adam and I. Things are going okay. The sun sets around 8:30 and its light until 9pm. You would think with the sun shining that long it would warm up, but last week when we went to church it was -11 and today high was 13, I wonder if it ever gets warm here! We miss our family and friends so much, we hope to get back to the "lower 48" (that's what everyone says up here). soon!






This was a fun toy, Chloe sets in this ice seat and I push her around and around

This was the entrance to an ice maze





6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, that is amazing. I would love to see that in person sometime, but I am thinking I definitely do not want to live in Alaska.

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

That park is sweet. You have successfully convinced Oaklyn to move to Alaska. She's ready come make the move any time. :) I've text you a few times, but I'm guessing that your phone is on the fritz because I haven't heard back. As far as how to archive your blog...I need a little more information on what you mean. I have friends who "slurp" their blogs into books. If you google: "how to slurp my blog," instructions come up showing you how to do it. Is that what you meant?

Stacy and family said...

Great pictures! I've never seen anything like that before.

Nilsson Family said...

Ok, so I really want to talk to you. I have a million questions I want to ask you. I hope your doing well, the park looks like a blast. I miss Cloe's cute smile..... And don't worry, it has been cold and windy here for like a week or more. So you aren't missing much!! We miss you all.

Bri or Aaron said...

How fun but it sure looks cold! Your house is so cute. We miss you and Adam. And Easton still talks about Chloe all the time....he always asks "where's chloe mom?"

Carter Family said...

Too Cool! That is so awesome!